2015 – present SKOLDGLOBAL (sas) Valbonne, France
- With more than 20 years experience in 3D modelling, Mr. Skold has worked on hundreds of projects, predominantly in Petrel and specializes in 3D model building, structural, petrophysical (including probabilistic and uncertainty analysis), reserves estimates, well planning and simulation grid design. Furthermore, Mr. Skold has an interdisciplinary approach and woks extremely well with people and integrated asset teams.
2009–2015 Strategic Oil & Gas Ltd. Calgary, AB
Advisor – Reservoir Characterization
- Strategic Oil & Gas Ltd. is an emerging junior oil and gas company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The primary business is upstream oil and gas exploitation and development. In March 2009, Strategic acquired Zinman Inc., a private oil and gas company whose primary business was upstream oil and gas exploration and development projects using 3D geo-modeling technology. Strategic’s management has a proven track record and with addition of Zinmac’s technical team, has well positioned the company for identifying and maximizing unoque, high-impact plays in western Canada.
2008–2009 Zinmac Inc Calgary, AB
VP Reservoir Geoscience and co-founder
- Zinmac Inc. is in the business of upstream Oil & Gas exploration and development, using innovative 3D modelling technology and probabilistic methods as leverage over peer competitors. ZinMac has direct access to experts in these emerging fields, giving a significant competitive advantage. ZinMac has a dual business strategy a) to pursue opportunities in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) where 3D modelling methods are particularly under-utilised, and b) to pursue international exploration and development opportunities through our strategic alliance with Worldwide Petroleum Services (WPS), an established group of E&P professionals based in Singapore.
Experience 2006–2008 Schlumberger Calgary, AB
Domain Champion – Petrel
- High level Technical Advisor for Petrel Workflows. Working with integrated 3D reservoir characterization studies for Schlumberger’s Consulting Services group in Calgary.
2005–2006 Schlumberger Calgary, AB
Business Development Manager & Domain Leader – Petrel
- High level Technical Advisor for Petrel Workflows.
2003–2005 Schlumberger Calgary, AB
Business Development Manager – Petrel, Canada
- Part of increasing sales of Petrel Workflows Tools from $700,000 to $4.2mill.
- Workflow implementation for reservoir characterization with Canadian and U.S. clients.
2001 – 2003 Technoguide Ltd. Calgary, AB
Managing Director – Canada
- Responsible for the creation and success of Technoguide’s Calgary branch promoting and supporting Petrel Workflow Tools.
1998 – 2001 Technoguide AS. Oslo, Norway
Product Manager – Petrel Software
- Responsible for Petrel Workflows Tools’ first commercial releases and the marketing success it received.
- Part of pulling together Technoguide’s first worldwide corporate deal with Shell
1995 – 1998 Geomatic/Smedvig Technologies. Houston, TX
- Application Specialist for IRAP suite of products – Mapping and Reservoir Modeling.
- Business development USA, Software Sales, Marketing, Support, Training and Consulting.
1992 – 1995 Z&S Geology AS. Stavanger, Norway
- Training and Support for RECALL
- Processing and Interpretation of Dipmeter, FMS, FMI, CBIL, etc.
- System Administration – Unix, VMS, Windows, NT, OS/2, MAC, Novell!
1990 – 1991 Terra Services Inc.. Denver, CO
- Mudlogging and Wellsite geology 1988 – 1990 Scandrill/Terra Mining AB. Stockholm, Sweden Field Geologist (Seasonal)
- Mineral prospecting
1987 – 1988 U of Melbourne. Victoria, Australia
- Geo Technician at the dept. of Geology
- 1990, M.Sc. Geology Chalmers University of Technology Sweden
- 1990, B.Sc. Geology Göteborg University Sweden
- 1987, Associates, Geology Lund University Sweden
Interests Modern architecture, aviation, the outdoors, culture
References Will be furnished upon request.